Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Have you heard of Road Rage!

A couple of days ago, Dave and I were driving down the main street in Hamilton when all of a sudden a truck pulled out right in front of the truck in front of us. ( I know-it's a lot of trucks, but that is all people drive here.) Anyway, as a Denver-ite I yelled, "Hey, that guy just cut him off!" Then all three of us stopped at the light. The first driver jumps out of his truck, runs back to the second truck. My first response was "Oohh a fight" but then he starts to apologize. SERIOUSLY, I caught a few words here and there but it ended with "Sorry, that was my bad" It reminded me of something that would happen in Mayberry.

Today, I was backing out of the church parking lot. I swear I thought that I looked behind me, but I plowed right into another TRUCK parked in the adjacent parking spot. I heard that horrible CRUNCH, and wanted to die. So, I went into the church to find the owner of the truck. When I told him I had just hit his truck his response was :
Him: " Yea, well it's old."
Me: "Aah, why don't you come out and look at it"
Him: "I don't want to go outside"
Me: "Hmmm, well what should I do"
Him: "Is your car hurt"
Me: "Ah........, no."
Him: "Well, then just know that I am going to tease your husband about his wife hitting my truck"

And that was it. Seriously, if we had called the police, I would not have been surprised if Gomer Pile had shown up.

3 comments:

  1. That's one of the few things I miss about living in a small town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You failed to write that the truck was the ONLY OTHER VEHICLE IN THE ENTIRE LOT! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use my blog as cheap therapy, so welcome to the clinic!

    ReplyDelete