Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mid-Life Crises through Cereal

Our grocery store had a fantastic sale this week on cereal. Not the lame "Tootie Fruties", but the good stuff like "Fruity Pebbles", "Cookie Crisp", and "S'mores". I naturally started filling my cart. I then spotted my friend Travis down the aisle. He was buying "Cheerios", "Honey bunches of stuff", and "Oatmeal" ( He is also the kind of guy who runs marathons). After being slightly embarrassed that he saw the 22 boxes of happy cereal that was in my cart, I decided that since I was turning the big 35 this week I would expand my horizons. I threw a couple of "Not so happy cereals" into my cart for good measure. Yesterday I decided instead of "Fruity Pebbles" I would eat "Frosted Flakes" ( I know it's not shredded wheat... baby steps my friends) anyway after the first bite I realized something was wrong with my "Adult" cereal. I looked at the box and it said in very small writing. "Now with 1/2 of the sugar." They were basically CORN FLAKES. Which we all know the only reason you buy corn flakes is to bread something and fry it. So my mid life crises was short lived, I have now gone back to all my happy cereal. After all, it IS fortified.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the time you bought a "fruit and yogurt parfait" from McDonalds thinking it was ice cream. I can still see the look on your face after the first bite. I won't even go into the WHEAT bread story fro the ward party. Happy Birthday!!! Go eat another cake!

    ReplyDelete