Thursday, December 23, 2010

The phone will soon ring.

I am awaiting a few phone calls this morning. HMMM how should I proceed. I have a feeling this is how it is going to go.

Secretary: Hi Mrs Ravalli?
Me: Actually it's Revel----whatever Yes?

Secretary: It appears that your son(Insert name) is not here with us today.
Me: Yes, I have decided that since you are all Potter-scrooges, I am keeping my son home today.

Secretary: Well, I know that Christmas is in two days, but school is still in session.
Me: It is important that we eat cookies and watch Ralphie say Fudge, Fred Astair dance drunk, and Clark electrocute a cat instead. (Watch Clark on TV. Don't buy the DVD and think it's okay for your 10 yr old boy. Learned that lesson the hard way.)

Secretary: Oh, I see. You're the same mom who claimed "Harry Potter Hangovers" right?
Me: Yes, and by the way in the words of Shaggy and scooby-do, you are all Lame-tastic and Suck-tacular. Merry Christmas and HO HO Ho to you.

Or maybe I should just watch the caller ID and not answer the phone

5 comments:

  1. I say go for it! Who holds school till Christmas Eve anyway? It warms my little heart knowing you are all there together, watching movies and drinking hot chocolate. That's what the kids will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If any of you know all my movie references you get a gold star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to adopt the word "Suck-tacular" into my vocabulary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, will you please call my employer and tell him the same things...He will thoroughly enjoy a tongue lashing like that...hope you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. HARRY POTTER
    2. CHRISTMAS STORY
    3. HOLIDAY INN
    4. CHIRSTMAS VACATION

    I WIN.

    ReplyDelete