Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I don't have picky eaters, they are just spoiled.

I totally blame Dave for my dinner gone wrong last night. Let's face it, he has spoiled our kids when it comes to the culinary arts.
Example:
Me: Do you want PB&J or mac and cheese for lunch?
Dave: Or we could do some Bruschetta and a little antipasto platter.

I had a really rough day yesterday. We all were rushing to be somewhere by 7:00 p.m. so I didn't think I had crossed the line of neglect when I simply popped some fish sticks and tater tots into the oven. I know, it's not awe inspiring or anything but seriously. once in a while it's ok.

Conversation:

Nate: Uhh, I don't think I like this dinner (then seeing the look on my face) uh, but I am going to eat it!

Ben: (After just walking in from a friends house) Oh, Kathy made a chicken pasta dish. Hmmm, I should have eaten there when they offered.

Jon: Mom, our lunch lady cooks way better than you.

I called Dave at the lab and told him to stop at McDonalds on the way home.

1 comment:

  1. How dare your children not appreciate the simple pleasures of tots with fish sticks...those were a Julie Phillips specialty back in the day...I crave them now!!

    ReplyDelete